I get my inspiration for blog post mostly by being observant to what is around me; so what I see on social media, daily interactions, etc! I’m writing this post based off of a teaching from my parents church!
I used to believe I was Christian, I enjoyed going to church with my family, hanging out with the people from church, read my bible, took communion every quarter, and baptized. Yep, I was Christian, right!? The answer is no, because I never truly had a relationship with God.
So, I first want to point to some things that hold us back from being intimate with God…
- We idolize things that are wordly. that could be a celebrity (you love their life and want to be just like them…); time on our phones, when we could spend it with Jesus; etc.
- We were born with sin, which makes us independent of God. We tend to think that we can walk through life alone and we simply can not do that.
- We are stuck looking for certain things to deliver us. This also could be something that we idolize, a friendship, a boyfriend or girlfriend, etc.
So here are some things for you to think about, when wanting to build a relationship with God..
- Sin is what broke our relationship with God, so we have to be willing to be broken; meaning life is not always going to be easy.
- Jesus is the answer to all of your questions. He paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you could be free.
- No one is too far from God and no one sin is greater than another. This concept was mind boggling to me at first, but it truly means a lot.
- You were not made to try and win God’s appreciation. God loves you just the way you are, all you have to do is trust in Him and His power!
I was originally going to write one post, but I realized it was going to be way too long if I did so. So, this was more of an introduction into becoming intimate with God.
“4 I’m saying that as long as the heirs are minors, they are no different from slaves, though they really are the owners of everything. 2 However, they are placed under trustees and guardians until the date set by the parents. 3 In the same way, when we were minors, we were also enslaved by this world’s system. 4 But when the fulfillment of the time came, God sent his Son, born through a woman, and born under the Law.” Galatians 4:1-4 Common English Bible (CEB)
As you go through out the week remember that Jesus died for YOU! He wants to share His promises with you, so trust in Him and miracles will happen.